The club has recently divided the responsibilities of the Club Secretary to create 2 separate roles – A Football Secretary and Administration Secretary.
We are looking for a responsible person to take over the role of Administration with immediate effect. A job description is as below.
Any person who is interested in volunteering should contact the Chairman Tony Eden by e mail email@example.com or telephone 07710765705
LETCHWORTH GARDEN CITY EAGLES YOUTH ADMINISTRATION SECRETARY
The post holder will be responsible to the Executive Committee through the Chairperson.
The role of the Administration Secretary
The main purpose of this job is that of principal administrator for the club, but excluding football matters such as player registration, fines, discipline, and payment of fees for match officials.
The post holder will carry out the administrative duties that will enable the club to function efficiently and effectively. You will be the main point of contact for people inside and outside the club in conjunction with the Football Secretary.
The main tasks
- Dealing with correspondence other than matters dealt with by the Football Secretary
- Organising and booking facilities for meetings of the managers and executive committees, disciplinary hearings, and any ad hoc meetings as necessary
- Attending meetings of the managers and executive committees and producing a set of minutes for that meeting
- Dealing with inquiries from parents, prospective parents, coaches and outside organisations and individuals that fall outside the duties and responsibilities of the Football Secretary
- Complete returns/ surveys required by outside bodies.
Time that will be given to the job
As this is a new post it is difficult to estimate how much time will be involved over the year. It will depend on the frequency of meetings but is unlikely to exceed 2 hours a week over the year. Executive committee meetings are usually held every 2 months and managers meetings less frequently. Each meeting will last on average 2 hours, and be held during a weekday evening.