“You too can be part of the Club
Get involved as a volunteer”
We’re waiting to hear from you!
The Club is run entirely on a voluntary basis, and we are always looking for more people to help. Even if you can only give an hour every now and again, we’ll make sure we make good use of your time and skills.
Willing helpers are never turned away. We realise how precious time can be and we won’t pressure you into taking on more than you can manage.
Our programme includes:
- Mini soccer schools for boys and girls aged from 5 to 7 on Saturday mornings
- 7-a-side friendly league matches for ages U7 to U10
- Age groups from U11 to U17 play competitive football in the Royston Crow Youth Football League and Hertfordshire Girls League
- Coaching sessions for each team/age group – run on varying nights of the week
These are just a few of the jobs that helpers can do:
- Putting up and taking down nets
- Looking after the kit
- Producing/putting up posters
- Writing press releases and reports for your child’s team for local press and the Club website
- Organising social events
- Selling raffle tickets
- Coaching, or helping coaches at training sessions
- Arranging transport
- First aiders
- Making refreshments
All volunteers working with children must be prepared to be CRB checked which will be paid for by the club.
What’s in it for you?
Helping out is a great way to get to know people and to contribute to the Club’s development – and you don’t necessarily need to know anything about football!
So… don’t stay in the car while your child enjoys the football – there’s plenty to do! There’s more than one way to support your footballer!